PDA

View Full Version : Hey everybody

Forgotten_sunrise
18-01-07, 08:05
Well I've been dealing with anxiety including panic attacks since I was 7.Now I'm 23.You do the math.:)
They successfully managed to make all the symptoms disappear with benzodiazepams (spelling?help?[:P]) and I finnished my high-school educations without many problems.I had panic-attacks but they were very rare (like once a year) and I didn't pay much attention to it.Till I've entered the University and moved to another city.That's the moment it all collapsed.It started to be unbearable,I wasn't able to get out of the bed (thinking I'm surely gonna die soon :)).I had to drop the Uni,got back home,went to the psyhiatrist,got Prozac and Xanax.Had agoraphobia and all other symptoms you probably have on your list..Luckily,thanks to the support of my awesome ex-boyfriend and my family,I succeded to put my life back on the tracks.Stopped taking medications and finally felt happy again.Till this broke up with my boyfriend,like two years ago.It was truly hard decission I made,for this guy was a huge support for me and I was scared like hell of living my life without being able to call him whenever I felt bad.But I did it anyway,I fell in love with a guy who was my first love.But started taking xanax again.He was a heroin-addict and as I was trying to save him,I dig myself into this circle once again.Now I'm taking xanax for 2 years already,and I'm guessing it's an addiction already.I moved in with him and It's hard for me to leave him for I do love him but the anxiety thing is going mad again.And pretty much driving me crazy.(kinda used to it already[:P]).I crave for the support of my ex bf who made me feel safe and happy,but it's something dead and gone and I'm on my own with this time.

Huh...Alright,maybe I've went to far with this introduction thing.[:P]
Anyway I wanted to say hello everybody,I'm from Croatia,and yes,i have a same problem as all of you do.Though I'm pretty much used to it already,so it doesn't freak me out THAT much anymore.[8)]

russ
18-01-07, 08:09
Hi F_S,

It sounds like you have been through a lot.

All I can say is while everyone else is a support, a guess we all have to come to depend on ourselves to beat anxiety.

Yes pills and talking as well as ongoing support has a part to play, but at the end of the day you have to do what is best for you and your health.

Take Care

manmoor
18-01-07, 11:36
Hi F/s,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

yorkylover
18-01-07, 12:21
Hi and welcome to no panic.Theres lots of suport here for you.

Ellen XX

trac67
18-01-07, 12:59
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

wobily_lin
18-01-07, 13:30
elo

A big welcome to de site....along time to hav anxiety...glad ta have ye on board..you will make some great friends n get great support here..all de best..x

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jo61
18-01-07, 13:33
you're very welcome and you'll find friendship and support heree

Love Jo x
:)

Lindalou64
18-01-07, 15:47
WELOCOME.........IM SURE YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF SUPPORT AND INFO HERE......WISH YA THE BEST...........LINDA[8D]

tommythomson
18-01-07, 18:25
Hi f s

Welcome on board. I'm sure you'll find some support and advice from the good people on this site.

Take care

T

honeybee3939
18-01-07, 18:30
Hi

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Take a look at the first Step pages you may find them of interest also.
First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

nomorepanic
18-01-07, 19:06
Hi FS

Lovely to see you here so welcome aboard and hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

kittykat
18-01-07, 20:26
Hi there,

Welcome to the site, you'll find a lot of support here.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson