PDA

View Full Version : Health Anexiety

Yorkshire born
15-03-15, 19:22
I'm 90% sure I have health anexiety, the rest of the time I'm convinced I'm seriously ill and the HA is just me in denial.

Saw my GP about this and the first one was really good, did some tests to rule out serious illness then said we'd deal with the anexiety on the next appointment. The problem is next time I went in it was a different GP who just shot me down. He just pointed at my blood tests and said I was fine and wanted to leave it at that. I had to pretty much beg to get a follow up apointment.

In my head right now, I'm either seriously ill or I'm having a breakdown, I'd prefer the latter, but just ruling out illness won't be the end of this, I know that. I feel hopeless and afraid, and I don't know how to tell the people I love about this because I'm always afraid that I am really ill and talking about the HA will only scare them.

Anyway trying to follow the advice on this page, it's been a massive help to me, and start to beat this thing. Got more doctors appointments coming up so i'm hoping to get some better results this time, and maybe even a GP who will listen.