PDA

View Full Version : stomach pain left side bloating diahorrea worried it is a bowel obstruction

gordie1
15-03-15, 20:41
Hi there I'm freaking out I've got this spasmodic pain left side stomach bloating and starving hungry 40 minutes after huge meal everyone at church said that I was looking pale today that freaked me out when to mum And dads for tea tonight and I came home and I thought I was going to pass wind but it turned out to be diahorrea and the cramping and bloated have come back full force feeling awful it could be IBS but when I looked on the internet it said it could be bowel obstruction I'm now worried I've got that.

Anonybrit
15-03-15, 23:34
Please don't google your symptoms. I'm a doctor and should know better, but even I fall pray to doing this from time to time, and it only ever ends in disaster- not for my physical health but for my mental health. Dr Google is always wrong, because Dr Google will tell you you have everything possible all at once.

I can't tell you that you do or do not have anything, you will need to see your GP for that, but I can tell you that the symptoms you describe are absolutely typical of IBS/anxiety, I have been going through similar for a few weeks myself and all tests turned out negative. 1/5 people have IBS at one time or another, 1/5 people do not have bowel obstruction due to some terrible underlying illness.

So for now simply reassure yourself that the odds are vastly in your favour, then just go and see your GP and let them do the diagnosing, not Google.

I know that bowels issues seem to get under your skin worse than most, I don't know why but they do, so I really sympathise.