PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my Cholesterol.. :(

IckleLottie123
15-03-15, 23:39
Hi guys, so recently I've been really worrying if I have high cholesterol or not.. I have no family history of it but lately I've been feeling really 'clogged up' in my chest and in my throat and I'm worried that it's because my cholesterol is high and it's affecting me and it's going to give me a heart attack! :weep: I eat a lot of dairy and don't have the best diet but do try to eat more fruit and veg as of late.. Don't do any heavy exercise other than walking but I walk everyday to and from places. I'm gonna call up the doctor tomorrow and see if I can get it checked. I did have a blood test done last year but they never mentioned my cholesterol levels.. I know because I'm anxious about it it's going to cause more symptoms but it feels like it's a struggle to breathe when I haven't got a cold or anything.. Any advice? Or tips on how to keep my cholesterol low or lower it if it does come back saying it's high? Thanks - Lottie x

Fishmanpa
16-03-15, 00:50
High cholesterol doesn't have any physical symptoms associated with it nor do high triglycerides etc. The only way to check is via blood tests.

May I ask how old you are?

Positive thoughts

IckleLottie123
16-03-15, 00:52
I'm 18 :)

Fishmanpa
16-03-15, 01:25
I'm 18 :)

At 18, you have nothing to worry about. That being said, decades of eating poorly without exercise as well as bad habits such as smoking can and will affect you in a negative way.

Take the advice of someone who's paid the price dearly. Start now. Take care of yourself and you won't have to worry about this.

Positive thoughts

IckleLottie123
16-03-15, 01:37
Thank you, I can't help but worry though :unsure: I try my hardest not to, but everyday it's something new! It wears me out :(