PDA

View Full Version : At what point do you go to the doctor?

steph25
16-03-15, 07:13
For the past few months I've been experiencing headaches, which isn't unusual for me. Sometimes they are full blown headaches and sometimes they are just a few pains but they are in different places of the head.

I wasn't too worried about it because like I said, I've had headaches before and seen the doctor who says it's anxiety but over the past few days some new things have happened.

On Saturday when I was outside there was this grey/black shadow in my right eye and I couldn't get rid of it for about 15 minutes, when I went inside it did go away and I didn't notice it again. I went to the opticians about 4-5 months ago and they didn't say anything, but that was a while ago now.

I have also been slurring my speech a bit and muddling up my words, which I think is getting worse because I've noticed it. My memory has also been a little bit worse, which I also think is because I've noticed it (I am only 26).

I also feel a little off balanced and dizzy sometimes.

I have also had a bit of a sore neck on and off for a few weeks and feeling weak and tired.

I do suffer from health anxiety and been to my doctor lots of times over the past few year for things like headaches and stomach aches.

At what point do I go back to my doctor? I wasn't worrying that much about the headaches but with these new symptoms should I go back? They do come and go so if it was something serious surely the black shadow wouldn't have gone?

I keep on telling myself that it's just my anxiety, I have been very very stressed over the past few weeks. My sleep pattern has been all over the place (going to be at 2am, waking up at 5am then going back to sleep at around 7am and sleeping all the way to 2pm sometimes).

I really don't know what to do. I told myself last week that I'd go to the doctors on Monday but now it's Monday I'm thinking that I'm just going to be bothering the doctor because if it was a brain tumour or something like that then the symptoms would be much more serious than that or am I wrong?

Mrsmitchell1984
16-03-15, 08:50
Would it put your mind at rest if you went to the doctors and he/she told you that you were fine?

Xx

MyNameIsTerry
16-03-15, 09:04
I think it would be worth visiting your GP. Muddling up words can fit with anxiety & depression as it affects our cognitive ability, and balance, dizzy, weakness could all be that too but its the slurring of speech which I would be asking about I think.

Some medications cause slurring so have you made any changes recently?

steph25
16-03-15, 09:30
@Mrsmitchell1984 - yes it would, so I guess that's what I'll do.

@MyNameIsTerry - I'm not on any medication and haven't been for about 6 months.

I'm not sure if it is slurring, sometimes I drag the words out a little bit longer, like maybe say lonnnger instead of longer if that makes sense and it's not that often.

Alice1
16-03-15, 17:05
Check with your doctor, they won't mind.
Could easily be sleep depravation. I've see freaky stuff when I've been majorly sleep deprived. I thought the whole bed was vibrating, I've smelt gas and have been convinced my halls were about to blow up, funny shapes and sounds. It's your brain's chemicals out of wack majorly.
Could be loads of other simple things too! Take care.