PDA

View Full Version : Really stuck on things to help now!

TheFraggleMonster
16-03-15, 21:40
Hi guys,
I came across NMP today and joined instantly! My family is great but don't get how I feel so thought it would be great to chat with like minded people.
I've suffered with anxiety amd panic attacks for 10 years now and have been on Paroxetine for about 5 of them to this date which normally keeps it about 70% at bay!
Just lately though I've been constantly having butterflies all the time, dizzy heads, really sensitive to light and am finding it hard to go to places like towns, supermarkets and restaurants without the horrid panic attack cycle starting. They haven't been this bad for a while and I'm running out of reasons to wonder why as for the first time in my life my personal life is actually good (I'm planning a wedding) and Im actually managing to hold down a full time job which I haven't been able to do for years.
Apart from continuing on the meds (in the long run tho I do want to get off them) I'm out of reasons of what to try to stop be going on a downward spiral.
Any guidance would be so appreciated :winks:
Thanks everyone!
Cat x

Oosh
21-03-15, 14:16
Welcome to nmp.

Studies have shown a high dose of fish oil reduces anxiety in a non-sufferer as well as a sufferer. I take one containing 2g EPA per day and I believe it's helped. I used to experience brain fog on a regular basis which has completely gone for example.

I try to give my body and mind what it needs by having good nutrition.

I stay away from sugar, alcohol which I can tell straight away affects my mood.

Keep your blood stream clean with some good walks. Wash the adrenalin away.

Give yourself positive, enjoyable things to focus on.

Well done for holding down the full time job.

Mart0310
21-03-15, 17:28
Could it be the stress of planning your wedding pushing anxiety higher than you normally experience? its a stressfull time for anyone!