PDA

View Full Version : Persistent headache/ HA exhaustion/Need some words of encouragement

Pretzel
16-03-15, 22:47
This is only my second post on this forum. I am overwhelmed because the forum is soon big!
I am in dire need of support. I am suffering from HA and my friends are all very tired of hearing me talk about it. They don't understand the intensity of my fears.

I have been suffering from headaches on and off for a year now. I don't know what they are or why? But, they are not overly intense. They are not migraines or cluster headaches. I have had a cat scan last April and the doc said my head looked "perfect". I did blood work, urine work ect. I was sent to a head ache clinic but that process is very long before you see someone.
The only thing abnormal they found was that I have low iron anemia which I am taking pills for. Headaches started getting better after taking those pills for a couple of months. Suddenly woke up 2 weeks ago with sharp head pains again. And I have been having a daily headache for 2 weeks now. Sharp localized pain in the morning and dull overall pain by the time nighttime rolls around. I am seeing a physio for the first time on Friday because I am hoping that it's neck related.

I am such a googler!!!! And I KNOW its very very bad, but the compulsion is soon strong to do it! I am just soo scared! you know that scared feeling that takes the breath away... I am sure you all can relate. I am starting to feel like crying because I am so exhausted of being gin my own brain! Just sitting in the hallway at school now in tears, can't sit through my classes, teachers don't understand, I can't tell them what is wrong..... I just feel like a mess. And I need to hear some words of wisdom and encouragement from the people that live with this anxiety as well.

Thanks so much for listening to my rant!

Amelia80
16-03-15, 23:06
Hi Pretzel,

I'm really sorry to hear how low you're feeling. I don't know if I can offer any decent words of encouragement right now as I'm feeling in such a low place, too. I just felt you should know you really aren't alone. Your words echo how I am feeling...the sense of exhaustion and just wanting to scream until it disappears. It's so frightening and all-consuming.
Don't even bother with Google. Whenever you feel the urge, remind yourself that it will make you feel ten times worse and you'll only regret it.
On my bad days, when the fear is taking my breath away, I find square breathing into my hands helps to calm me down a little. Also, I give myself a task to do...something really mundane, or a walk around. Find anything purposeful that allows you to step away from the bubble you're in.

I hope you can find some peace soon. :hugs:

Pretzel
17-03-15, 00:51
Thank you so much for the response Amelia :hugs: