PDA

View Full Version : im new...and i hate panic attacks

bugsmommy
17-03-15, 08:38
Hello,
My name is Kellie. I am 28 years old and live in the US. I spend my days caring for my toddler at home. I have been suffering from severe anxiety and panic attacks for 8 years. I'm hoping this site can be useful as a way to connect with others who have the same problems. My panic attacks nearly always come out of the blue, a lot of the time I will be asleep and awakened by panic. As is the case tonight/this morning. Sometimes the mere thought or fear of an attack is all I need to bring one on.

My anxiety and panic have affected my life so much that I don't want to deviate from my fixed routine (even if it's miserable) out of fear of change. But I know I need to make changes to get better.

Nice to meet you all.:bighug1:

venusbluejeans
17-03-15, 08:43
Hiya bugsmommy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Davit
24-03-15, 06:11
Hello

One of the first things I did on the road to recovery was to remove all negative words from my vocabulary in preparation for changing thought patterns. There is a technical reason, suffice to say words dictate thoughts like keys to a lock. Negative words encourage negative thoughts with lead to anxiety and can lead on to panic. CBT calls for changing negative to positive but is hard to impossible with the continued use of negative words. Conditioning makes it hard to do this. But doing it makes a world of difference.