PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for some reassurance if possible :)

AnxietyLauren
17-03-15, 15:39
Hi everybody.. :yesyes:

I will try and make this short and sweet.

Basically, vision in my right eye started to fade and an optician mentioned the words "Multiple Sclerosis" to me and I have been a different person ever since. Never suffered with anxiety before so I am really struggling!

I now have self diagnosed MS, ALS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibro, DVT, numerous different cancers etc. I am a walking disaster.

I have an MRI scan on Saturday which I'm hoping will help me calm down a bit. I was just wondering if I listed a few of the symptoms I have if people could let me know if you have had this too due to anxiety? Please see below:

Tingling all over.
My feet feel freezing but when I actually touch them they are warm.
All my joints are aching.
Swollen lymph nodes.
Numbness and weird sensations I'm arms and legs.
Blurred vision/pain behind my eyes.
Pain and weakness in only one leg below the knee.

Most of my symptoms are all located on my right side. Even when I don't actually feel anxious I can be floored with pain one day and people just sat oh that's stress.

Sorry to ramble on but I feel like I'm making my family miserable with me constantly having a new diagnosis every day.. So would love to hear from people who are feeling the same as me. My doctor won't give me anything to control my anxiety so that's not helping lol.

Emilym80
18-03-15, 15:41
Hi everybody.. :yesyes:

I will try and make this short and sweet.

Basically, vision in my right eye started to fade and an optician mentioned the words "Multiple Sclerosis" to me and I have been a different person ever since. Never suffered with anxiety before so I am really struggling!

I now have self diagnosed MS, ALS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibro, DVT, numerous different cancers etc. I am a walking disaster.

I have an MRI scan on Saturday which I'm hoping will help me calm down a bit. I was just wondering if I listed a few of the symptoms I have if people could let me know if you have had this too due to anxiety? Please see below:

Tingling all over.
My feet feel freezing but when I actually touch them they are warm.
All my joints are aching.
Swollen lymph nodes.
Numbness and weird sensations I'm arms and legs.
Blurred vision/pain behind my eyes.
Pain and weakness in only one leg below the knee.

Most of my symptoms are all located on my right side. Even when I don't actually feel anxious I can be floored with pain one day and people just sat oh that's stress.

Sorry to ramble on but I feel like I'm making my family miserable with me constantly having a new diagnosis every day.. So would love to hear from people who are feeling the same as me. My doctor won't give me anything to control my anxiety so that's not helping lol.

I've had all of these bar swollen lymph nodes. The MRI will likely reassure you temporarily, until you begin to worry about something else. It might be worth talking to your GP about your health concerns and going into therapy.
Best wishes :)

Toby2000
18-03-15, 17:49
How come your optician mentioned MS?

Anxiety can easily cause tingling, freezing feet, joint aches, numbness and different pain.

Lymph nodes swell when the body is busy fighting infection, so maybe an infection is to blame?

Try to see a doctor and talk to him about your symptoms, he will be able to say what's up with you.

I doubt there's anything to get worked up about

Toby :hugs:

popejoan
18-03-15, 18:00
Why are you worried about ALS? I don't know much about other disease you have self diagnosed yourself with, but I know more than I should about ALS. Your symptoms don't sound like ALS at all. Actually they even point away from ALS. Stop worrying about it. I've had all those symptoms you've been experiencing, they sound anxiety more than anything else. You need therapy and maybe some beta blockers, other than that you are fine :)

AnxietyLauren
19-03-15, 13:09
How come your optician mentioned MS?

Anxiety can easily cause tingling, freezing feet, joint aches, numbness and different pain.

Lymph nodes swell when the body is busy fighting infection, so maybe an infection is to blame?

Try to see a doctor and talk to him about your symptoms, he will be able to say what's up with you.

I doubt there's anything to get worked up about

Toby :hugs:

Hi,

Thanks so much for replying. Optician said Optic Neuritis so could possibly mean MS in future if I started getting tingles etc - which basically an hour after I did!! All my doctor says is stress stress stress... I know I was totally healthy before I mentioned MS but I just need to try and remember this but it's easier said than done.

xx

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

Why are you worried about ALS? I don't know much about other disease you have self diagnosed yourself with, but I know more than I should about ALS. Your symptoms don't sound like ALS at all. Actually they even point away from ALS. Stop worrying about it. I've had all those symptoms you've been experiencing, they sound anxiety more than anything else. You need therapy and maybe some beta blockers, other than that you are fine :)

I'm worried about ALS as I've been twitching all over and my ankle is weak, all my joints are sore etc. It's so silly - even I feel ridiculous saying I think I have it lol.

My doctor won't give me anything and basically sends me away saying I have to calm down on my own as he doesn't want me on medication.

Thank you xx

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

I've had all of these bar swollen lymph nodes. The MRI will likely reassure you temporarily, until you begin to worry about something else. It might be worth talking to your GP about your health concerns and going into therapy.
Best wishes :)

Thank you..

I know, I hope after MRI I can try and calm down a bit but i'm not sure I will be able to lol :mad: