PDA

View Full Version : please read, I'm begging you! EMERGENCY!

Worrier13
17-03-15, 23:02
Hello!! Im so scared and panicked. I used to be prescribted oxycontin for a short period of time. I did not even take the full amount so I still own a few tablets.

Well now I'm feeling a bit painful again so I wanted to take one (Oxycodone, capsel 5mg). But I did not want to take the whole capsel so I broke it in half and mixed it in my glass of water. Well now, after I drank it i read that breaking the capsel and taking the powder straight to mouth could fast cause deadly symptoms. AM I GOING TO DIE?! My capsels are only 5mg and I took half of it so 2,5mg of oxycontin powder. Is this deadly?? Does anyone know??

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Should I call 911, or is this such a small dose for anything to happen?

Lee2475
17-03-15, 23:15
Seems odd seeing the powder ends up in you anyway. I know your not in the UK but we have a helpline cut you ring that? It your doctor

Fishmanpa
17-03-15, 23:32
Oxycontin and oxycodone, while the same drug is delivered to the system differently. Oxycontin is a time released version of oxycodone. I practically lived on them (both versions) while in cancer treatment and was on much higher dosages. You're not clear as to what you actually took. While you're not supposed to crush or dissolve oxycontin, I can't imagine a 2.5mg dose of either causing you a problem.

Positive thoughts

Worrier13
18-03-15, 00:01
It has now been nearly 2 hours since I took it so I think I will be fine... It says on the box ''oxycodone 5mg capsule'' but I don't know much about medications either way. I remember when I had to take this medication that in the beginning 5mg would make me nauseous so I tried taking only half of it, but never again! And I'm sticking to normal painkillers for now on

Txxxrho
18-03-15, 06:13
NO! You're fine man. People snort/smoke/and shoot that stuff in their veins. Swallowing the powder threw a drink is completely fine. It breaks down I your stomach and goes into your bloodstream. I'm weird with medications an trying to take them too but don't worry at all

MyNameIsTerry
18-03-15, 09:17
Oxycodone can be prescribed by itself or as an active ingredient in another medication, such as oxycotin. Oxycotin is an timed release version and is also referred to as 'extended release oxycodone'.

You shouldn't dissolve or inhale or inject oxycotin because it causes the full dose to be administered in one go as opposed to over so many hours. This is what they mean by potentially fatal overdose. However, oxycodone can be supplied in a higher version than the lowest dose of oxycotin, so it seems unlikely it is a problem then although that is really something for a medical professional or pharmacist to advise on.

Basically, contact a medical professional in all cases like this...no one on here can give advice like this.

---------- Post added at 09:17 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

Seems odd seeing the powder ends up in you anyway. I know your not in the UK but we have a helpline cut you ring that? It your doctor

Aside from the timed release issue, even antidepressants can be a problem if you break them e.g. Duloxetine, which I am on, can be broken open to reduce the number of beads inside if tapered off at 10% intervals, but is an irritant to the throat so you have to put the reduced dose back into capsules to swallow them.