View Full Version : Feeling weak like my body is shutting down..

IckleLottie123
18-03-15, 20:23
Hi guys, the title pretty much says it all about this post. Just wondering if anyone else gets this and if it's a common anxiety thing or something else.. I feel so weak, I can barely move, my arms feel so heavy and my legs feel like they're going to give out. My chest feels so heavy and like it's getting harder and harder to breathe. This is really scary, I'm tired but am terrified to fall asleep incase my body just shuts down and gives up while I'm asleep and I don't wake up, please someone help :weep:

LucyR
18-03-15, 20:50
I think you will find if you keep going and doing things you begin to feel less weak.

Lee2475
18-03-15, 20:52
Yep it drives me up the wall. And I can certainly relate to the heavy chest feeling, only yesterday evening I had a funny turn and felt so unwell I though here we go again what now. Couldn't do anything, just thought to myself I must have something seriously wrong with me.
So I took a diazapam 2mg that I have and after an hour I was in the shed making a shelf feeling great.
That just proved to me it's anxiety.
I'm lucky If I get a bad turn I have these diazapam, doctor is good as gold and said I understand.
I try my best not too take them unless I'm desperate, I can go for months without them then have a spell and need one.
As much as I don't want to rely on diazapam to help me out when needed I think I would rather take one than suffer.

IckleLottie123
18-03-15, 20:55
I think I may be tensing my chest and throat muscles making it feel restricted but I can't relax them :unsure:

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

I'm on Citalopram but they're not doing anything grr, maybe my doctor will try something else, it's no way to live in constant worry and fear for your life :weep:

Lee2475
18-03-15, 21:02
How long you been on them?

IckleLottie123
18-03-15, 21:18
Nearly a month :doh:

Lee2475
18-03-15, 21:27
The only reason I asked that I had them a few weeks back and they went straight in the bin after day 4:doh:
Side effects for me were just too much, I had to hold down a driving job and there is no way I could on these.
I have read though after 6 weeks on them there supposed to be great so give them time early days yet.
I wish I could have stuck them out. :weep:

IckleLottie123
18-03-15, 21:30
Ahh I see, I started on half a tablet now I'm on a full tablet so I hope they work too :)

Toby2000
18-03-15, 21:41
Aw don't worry, it's anxiety. The chances of you dying in your sleep are 1 to 1000. Very, very slim. I once convinced myself I was about to have a heart attack and I refused to sleep, next thing I know it's morning and I'm feeling myself again. If you stop worrying, your symptoms will go and you certainly won't die in your sleep.

Toby :hugs:

IckleLottie123
18-03-15, 21:42
Thank you so much :hugs:

susiet04
18-03-15, 22:13
Im on 40mg of citalopram and I swear by them . I take them at night so have not noticed any side effects from them. I did take them in morning to begin with but as people have said the side effects were awful. It took about 6 weeks for them to kick in properly so stick with them and you will feel better x

IckleLottie123
19-03-15, 05:44
Yeah I will stick too them :) does anyone else get this.. I've been woken up really early because I feel like my heart has stopped so I wake up as I feel I can't breathe, I feel really sick when it happens and just have this awful weird feeling in my chest, this is really scary and I can't sleep becuase of it.. Whenever it happens I feel for a heart beat and it's beating like it normally does but if I'm not checking it's beating it feels like it has stopped and I'm going to pass out and die! I could swear there's a problem with my heart even though all the tests have come back fine :weep: