PDA

View Full Version : oh god help me

mumof3
18-01-07, 13:38
hi all,well ive been having cbt at home and now the time has come to go to the meetings starting on fed 14th,for 2 hours,i feel ill already,i have been getting out more lately but when and if i want to,this is going to be a real test for me i want to go but im worried already and its still january,im ok untill i am pinned down to a date and time,thats when the panic sets in,i feel if i manage to stay there a few times ill be ok its just going through the door on the first day fills me with panic,[xx(]

wobily_lin
18-01-07, 13:50
elo,

Ok..well..firstly i would like ta say well done with wot you hav achieved so far...little steps..and you are doin this with the support of ur therapist which is great.....

Now re your app....i totally understand how you feel...and the thoughts of goin cause us to b scared an even more anxious..and i know even tho it is a few weeks before that you r already thinkin bout wot is gonna happen...

Try not to think of it atm..concentrate on ur daily routine and all the positive things you have been doing...i know it is hard but atm there is no point is worrying about it ok..
Alot can happen in a few weeks hun..and by carryin on with wot u r doing now...you will feel stronger.

There comes a time for all of us..when we have to take the plunge in order to get past this god damn anxiety...and dat is hard...i know that only too well..

You're therapist wouldnt hav suggested this if he or she didnt feel u were ready init...

We have to push past it hun....and even if you go and only stay a few minutes..dat in itself is gonna b a huge achievement..

Use woteva copin skills you have been taut...also music helps...if ye can listen to that on the way or even if ye need to bring a friend..

Think positive hun...that is the key...we are all here to support you too so you wont b alone and we know how it all feels...so try and b strong hun okies..xxx

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mumof3
18-01-07, 14:32
thanks lin, :D

Lindalou64
18-01-07, 15:51
HI MUM........
WELCOME ITS THE ANTICAPATION THAT USUALLY GETS TO US BUT ONCE YOUR THERE IM SURE YOU ARE GONNA DO GREAT......WISH YA THE BEST.......LINDA[8D]

darkangel
18-01-07, 17:30
you are only looking at all the negatives just now - all the What ifs, oh god help me, etc, etc

sit down and start to think about all the POSITIVES

you can do it, believe in yourself and your inner strength will get you through it

love darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

Lynnann
18-01-07, 20:13
Hi there,

I am sure it will be ok when the time comes, the anticipation of an event is sometimes much worse than the actual event.

Good idea about the coping strategies Nigel

Well done you for getting this far

Lynnann

mirry
19-01-07, 18:27
Im starting a anxiety course in 2 weeks and dread going .

It will be ok, we have to remain positive and ask what is the worst that can happen ???

mirryx

mumof3
19-01-07, 19:22
hi mirry,thats the course im doing it lasts for 10 weeks if i can just get through the door on the first week i hoping i will be ok for the rest of the weeks fingers crossed hope yours goes ok