PDA

View Full Version : Saw my GP...

cjemc
19-03-15, 15:58
Told him honestly about my anxiety and retching. I also told him about my alcohol intake. He said something like "Low level liver disease" and now I am very incredibly worried...
I go for the blood tests tomorrow ...
I don't think I will cope if I have any form of liver disease

gregcool
19-03-15, 16:08
Lets not panic at the moment.wait untill you get your blood results back,that will take a few days after the blood test.so you prob wont know untill early next week.try and stay calm untill then,thats not easy i know,but try and be possitive untill you actualy know.it could be nothing

cjemc
22-03-15, 16:58
Lets not panic at the moment.wait untill you get your blood results back,that will take a few days after the blood test.so you prob wont know untill early next week.try and stay calm untill then,thats not easy i know,but try and be possitive untill you actualy know.it could be nothing

I am worried now. Maybe I am retching because I have low grade/early stage liver disease!!!

SarahH
22-03-15, 17:02
I am no Dr but why would retching be connected to liver disease. I would think the retching is your anxiety. Its a common symptom.

Try to wait and see and stay away from Dr Google:)

Sarah

Mart0310
22-03-15, 17:04
Chances are its Anxiety related, it does strange things to the gag reflex. Ever noticed how people who experience traumatic experiences are often immediately sick or retch? Chances are your blood chemistry is simulating that scenario and causing you to retch.

One of the first lessons I learned in counselling was to assume everything you experience is 'just' anxiety unless its proven otherwise. You did the right thing getting it checked out, hopefully you will soon have the reassurance of those blood results to back that up. :)

Elen
22-03-15, 17:15
Well done on telling your GP.

I would imagine that the low level liver disease has been cause by the drinking.

The really good news is that the liver is able to re-generate itself.

Hopefully they will get you some help with the drinking as well as the anxiety. The two often go hand in hand.

tc

Brunette
25-03-15, 12:17
Elen is right. Your liver can recover from this if you stop drinking.

Hopefully this will be the wake up call you need to realise how much damage you are doing to yourself and a turning point for you.

cjemc
28-03-15, 09:01
Oh well its been 8 days now and I've heard nothing back so I assume all my tests were clear??? Surely if they had found anything they would have been on the phone to me straight away???

---------- Post added at 09:00 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Well done on telling your GP.

I would imagine that the low level liver disease has been cause by the drinking.

The really good news is that the liver is able to re-generate itself.

Hopefully they will get you some help with the drinking as well as the anxiety. The two often go hand in hand.

tc

But I haven't been told I have low level liver disease. It was only suggested that it may be possible. I haven't been given a diagnosis.

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

I am no Dr but why would retching be connected to liver disease. I would think the retching is your anxiety. Its a common symptom.

Try to wait and see and stay away from Dr Google:)

Sarah

I assume that I may have damaged my liver and maybe it isn't clotting properly this triggering a retching sensation/urge? Or maybe I have portal hypertension? Or pancreatic disease?