PDA

View Full Version : Constant pounding visible pulse in neck

LauraWoo84
19-03-15, 17:13
Hi all
So I don't know if anyone else experiences this but I have had a really strong or bounding pulse as its called in my neck it can physically seen and it gets worse even if I walk up my stairs. It never stops and is extremely strong and I was wondering if anyone else experiences this and what the cause could be.

I have had several blood tests, an ecg, X-rays, ultrasounds and nothing can be found in my body.mi have IBD but can this affect your pulse?

KeeKee
19-03-15, 18:18
My partner and I both have this. My Health anxiety is mainly related to heart, pulse, circulation etc but I'm sure it's quite common. My partner doesn't have anxiety and he has it too.
Waking up the stairs makes my heart/pulse go crazy too! Although it terrifies me and is really affecting me again lately, I even read on a fitness forum before people saying it's normal and these were people who work out on a regular basis. Squats also make my heart go through the roof and I read some people on therE have the same thing

I know how scary it is though.

LauraWoo84
19-03-15, 18:58
My partner and I both have this. My Health anxiety is mainly related to heart, pulse, circulation etc but I'm sure it's quite common. My partner doesn't have anxiety and he has it too.
Waking up the stairs makes my heart/pulse go crazy too! Although it terrifies me and is really affecting me again lately, I even read on a fitness forum before people saying it's normal and these were people who work out on a regular basis. Squats also make my heart go through the roof and I read some people on therE have the same thing

I know how scary it is though.

Hi thank you for the reply. So you can physically see your pulse pounding in your neck too it's so good to hear I am not alone. I may have always been this way and never noticed it until I got HA. I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol or caffeine I have endless tests and nothing is ever found other than my inflammatory bowel disease

KeeKee
19-03-15, 20:05
Yes 100%, my partner too. Neither of us smoke, I never drink and my partner rarely drinks.
If I run upstairs I can actually feel it there too. I also have a visible pulse in my stomach which the doctor said is normal (I think I've mentioned that one numerous times hehe).
I too never noticed this or anything else until my HA started, which all started due to a couple of measly panic attacks and it has completely ruined my life for the past 2 years.

LauraWoo84
19-03-15, 20:58
Yes 100%, my partner too. Neither of us smoke, I never drink and my partner rarely drinks.
If I run upstairs I can actually feel it there too. I also have a visible pulse in my stomach which the doctor said is normal (I think I've mentioned that one numerous times hehe).
I too never noticed this or anything else until my HA started, which all started due to a couple of measly panic attacks and it has completely ruined my life for the past 2 years.

Wow I have a visible pulse in my stomach too, really hate how much i pulse and twitch. I like you never noticed and my HA started due to having a panic attack when I drove home on a really stormy day and thought I was going to die. Have you ever had hypnotherapy as I find that really helps

KeeKee
19-03-15, 21:29
I haven't no, is it available on the NHS? I have had counselling as I also suffer from depression and am currently on my 2nd set of CBT which I am finding very difficult as it seems to basically be trying to turn me into an optimist.
I bet you'll find loads of people have that stomach pulse! Mines really strong whereas my partners is only noticeable if you actually sit and watch it.
I can sometimes even feel my pulse in my bottom!! My anxiety tends to be physical too rather than me actually thinking anxiously if that makes sense. I can go for a meal with the family and my body is a nervous wreck, slightly shaking, heart pounding yet I don't know why. It's everytime we have a family get together! Obviously other things as well.

LauraWoo84
19-03-15, 22:52
I haven't no, is it available on the NHS? I have had counselling as I also suffer from depression and am currently on my 2nd set of CBT which I am finding very difficult as it seems to basically be trying to turn me into an optimist.
I bet you'll find loads of people have that stomach pulse! Mines really strong whereas my partners is only noticeable if you actually sit and watch it.
I can sometimes even feel my pulse in my bottom!! My anxiety tends to be physical too rather than me actually thinking anxiously if that makes sense. I can go for a meal with the family and my body is a nervous wreck, slightly shaking, heart pounding yet I don't know why. It's everytime we have a family get together! Obviously other things as well.

I'm not sure I pay privately for my hypnotherapy session. CBT isn't for everyone, have you tried meditation. I'm sorry to hear you suffer with depression as well as HA. Yes I totally understand my anxiety seems to be physical too. Travelling into london often brings on my anxiety no matter how mentally prepared I am my body has a different agenda and will shake and make me feel extremely unwell

KeeKee
20-03-15, 18:04
I actually haven't tried meditation, I may very well look into that.

I know what you mean, we're doomed of we can't even control our anxiety with positive thinking haha.

goodwin
08-11-17, 15:24
Hello guys, I have the same problem you are facing. visible pulsations on neck (almost all the time) and on stomach (which is visible when I do something heavy like running uphill, doing push ups and crunches..Etc) I have had panic attack many times and I am suffering from depression. Have your condition got better?. I am yet to consult a doctor. Please share how well you are doing now.

Bigboyuk
08-11-17, 15:56
Hello guys, I have the same problem you are facing. visible pulsations on neck (almost all the time) and on stomach (which is visible when I do something heavy like running uphill, doing push ups and crunches..Etc) I have had panic attack many times and I am suffering from depression. Have your condition got better?. I am yet to consult a doctor. Please share how well you are doing now. Hi this thread is 2 years old so doubt any of the posters will respond, why not start you own new thread on this! ATB

Fishmanpa
08-11-17, 15:57
We are living beings with blood coursing through our arteries and veins. Our chests rise and fall with each breath.

You're essentially worrying because you're alive! IMHO, it's much better than the alternative! ;)

Positive thoughts

Zoubir
29-11-17, 18:22
I can see my pulse in the neck too and all time and in both sides left and right also I have pulse near to my ears I don't know if it's normal

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

I can see my pulse in the neck too and all time and in both sides left and right also I have pulse near to my ears and I can sense veins too I don't know if it's normal

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

I can see my pulse in the neck too and all time and in both sides left and right also I have pulse near to my ears and I can sense veins too I don't know if it's normal