PDA

View Full Version : Ulcer under tongue

Henry83
19-03-15, 18:35
Hello! yesterday I noticed a painless red bump under my tongue with a whiteish centre. It looks like an ulcer to me.

When I say under my tongue its on the inside of my gum just beneath the second premolar.

I've tried looking up pictures relating to cancer but can see nothing that resembles it in appearance or location. The worry is obviously that it might be cancer. All advice I've read tells me to see if it will heal on its own and many places advise seeking medical advice if the ulcer remains after three weeks. Though I doubt I would wait that long if it doesn't heal sooner!

I've been brushing in that area on the back of my bottom teeth quite aggressively lately due to a plaque problem, so I do wonder if I've bashed the inside gum there. I've also been putting a lot of salt and vinegar on my food lately. Don't know if that could be a cause.

Has anyone experienced something like this and can reassure me it's probably not cancer would be greatly appreciated.

Lemondrizzle
19-03-15, 22:12
It's just an ulcer don't worry stress causes these especially if we run down you'll be fine