PDA

View Full Version : headache for weeks

penguinbop
19-03-15, 21:00
ive had a headache for weeks as well as other neurological symptoms for over a year. i think i have a brain tumour. nothing will stop the headache and its pnly on one side.

Blonde123
20-03-15, 11:01
Ive been the same but on and off for 2 months. I dont have any other symptoms and I can have a headache for 2 weeks then it goes and comes back again. Its not bad enough for paracetamol and doesnt stop me sleeping, but everyday I wake up thinking whens it going to start which gets me down! Go and see you GP for peace of mind. Im a nurse and most brain tumours dont start with headaches x

penguinbop
20-03-15, 13:46
thanks ive got an appt for tuesday

Toby2000
20-03-15, 14:49
Hi,

With brain tumors there'd be other symptoms such as loss of balance, confusion etc. which I'm sure you don't have (don't try and convince yourself that you do, or you'll just make your anxiety worse). Most brain tumors are discovered when the person has a stroke or even when you have a scan for another reason. I once had a headache for 3 weeks and it actually went away when I stopped worrying about it.

I think it's good that you're seeing a doctor though, so you can route the cause and hopefully begin taming your anxiety.

Toby

Kirbear4
20-03-15, 15:44
I had a headache for nearly a year once with strange sensations of not being quite awake, and walking sideways sometimes!! This was a long time before HA so I ignored it as best as I could for about 3 months then I went to the dr. After a few simple tests it was put down to a virus triggering it off (never felt ill prior to them), eventually I I stopped taking painkillers once a day and they lasted another month or two before going completely.