PDA

View Full Version : Higher Dose

Marco H
03-09-04, 20:10
Hi

Ive been on 10mg Cipralex for anxiety and depression for 19 days now an i havenot felt any better so far.

I am going back to the doctors on monday to tell them my progress and maybe ask if i can up the dose to 20mg a day.

Has ayone noticed that upping to 20mg has ben more effective, does upping the dose give the pill more chance of working quicker and more effectively.

Thanks.

nomorepanic
03-09-04, 20:43
Marco

Re my previous post - can you not give it another couple of weeks to see?

These things take time.

What else are you doing to get better?

Nicola

snowman
03-09-04, 21:40
Hi

Ive been on Ciprolex 10mg for about 5 weeks now and starting to feel the benefits. I too thought about upping the dose to speed things up, but give it at least a month. I find taking it when I get up works better than before sleeping.

I have been on them before and it does take a hold eventually.

Stick on in there.

S

tara
03-09-04, 22:00
Hi, i've been taking this medication for just over a month now and i wanted to up my 10mg too 20mg, but having held off on that for a while i am now feeling a lot better, i'm not so depressed or anxious, so try and give it a little while more, but you can also tell your doctor how you feel and see what he says. Take Care Tara xxx

seh1980
03-09-04, 22:07
hello there Marco,

You should really try to wait a little longer before thinking about increasing your dosage - 19 days isn't really long enough for your body to have got used to it and for it to start having an effect. 10mg of cipralex is meant to be the 'right' dosage so I would give it a little more time.

Sarah :D

sal
03-09-04, 23:01
Marco

Please give it time. Its like a broken leg, having a cast on doesnt automatically make it feel better within a few weeks it takes time. Physical or mental we all need time to heal with or without medication.

dont rush it and let the medication have a chance to work.

Love Sal xxxxx

HB
04-09-04, 11:06
doctors always tell you to give it three months to see if any medication is going to work but if you feel it might be useful just to go and get more advice then do it.... you never know how doctors can help you :-)

H