PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse

Biscuitmuncher
20-03-15, 08:35
Anyone else stressing over this eclipse? I suffer with terrible health anxiety and have a lot of problems with my eyes, and my MAJOR fear is going blind. I am sat here with the curtains closed in case I accidentally glimpse the sun and go blind. My husband doesn’t understand and I have spent most of the morning in tears after arguing about it. I am also worried about my children in case they look at it and go blind.

Really hate this anxiety. I have had CBT but it made me worse so I left the course, I was nearly at the end too. :wacko:

MyNameIsTerry
20-03-15, 10:02
It should be over by now so there is no need to worry for prrobably a very long time again.

At least you can stay indoors to avoid this one and your kids could wear some of those protective glasses if they want to see these things.

I think its one of those things where your subconscious tries to tempt you to have a look and I can understand why you would be worried with your HA concerns over blindness. Anxiety is all irrational, so it is hard for those who've never had it to understand as they don't release that the response can be as strong as something they would find terrifying e.g. being atttacked or in an accident.

Please try to relax now. To be honest, it didn't even go dark around my way as its been sunny throughout for some reason whenever I stuck my head up to the window. :shrug: It went much darker for the one in 1999.

rina_bean
20-03-15, 10:20
I am freaking out about this too! I was outside on my way to work and looked up in the suns direction a few times as it was happening. It was cloudy and I couldn't see anything, but I am still really worried that I have done some damage to my eyes as I have a headache now :-(

Biscuitmuncher
20-03-15, 10:42
Thank you for reply. I am somewhat calmer now. It just aggravated me that I planned to sit the eclipse out in the house with curtains closed but then husband comes and starts trying to take a photo of it with his phone, and he has been looking at it with no protection, arrgh:blush:

MyNameIsTerry
20-03-15, 10:46
Well they say looking directly at the sun can damage your eyesight and I've done that loads of times in my life. I guess the eclipse is a stronger light though but I think if it was truly that dangerous, the public health warnings would be running to tell us to stay indoors or we would all be issued with protective eyewear so perhaps its more that it 'could' do?