PDA

View Full Version : What is your goal in relation to your panic attacks?

GingerFish
20-03-15, 10:27
Ultimately the main goal is to never have one again or to get over one in a few mins etc but what is your little goals leading up to that moment? For some of us it might just be going outside, others it might be going out for a meal. I'm interested to hear what peoples big and small goals are and hopefully we'll help each other reach them :)

I've had panic attacks/panic disorder/agoraphobia for 3 years now but I have always been a highly strung and anxious person so I suppose it was no surprise I developed panic attacks.

My goal is to go shopping in Glasgow for the full day just like I used to do. I used to spend hours shopping, going out for a bite to eat and then getting the train home. I used to absloutely love that. I miss being able to spend ages in a shop and feel nothing but excitement and fun instead of dread and trying to dart out the shop as quickly as possible. I also miss just walking around the town and not being bothered by how busy it is.

So that is my goal and I am working on it. I do feel confident I can do this soon, well here is hoping at least! Its mainly the crowds and waiting in queues that makes me nervous about this goal.