PDA

View Full Version : Ever had every single symptom of a disease?!

lily413
20-03-15, 10:52
I'm just wondering if anyone else has been literally convinced they had a disease, with all the symptoms and no other explanation for the symptoms, but not actually ended up having the disease?!

I'm completely conviced I have this rare disease called Relapsing Polychondritis because I started having mild outer ear (cartilage) pain a couple of months ago and stupidly Googled it. Since I started to freak out I have developed most of the early symptoms such as joint pain and pressure over bridge of my nose. I've also started to attribute other symptoms I've had in the past couple of years to this disease. The incidence is 4 in a million and onset is mostly around age 40-50 (I'm 26) so I've worked out I have more like 1 in a million chance of having it, but I'm sure I'm that 1.

I'm feeling pretty desperate and can't help but feel my life is over. Getting married in 2 weeks and got my hen do tomorrow and dreading them both now.

ohwell123
20-03-15, 12:20
My anxiety mimics a whole host of not rare but deff critical disease then the cycle starts

Fishmanpa
20-03-15, 12:23
If I had a dollar for everyone that were 100% sure they had XXXX or XXXX, I wouldn't have to work ;) As was stated, anxiety mimics several symptoms of much more sinister physical ailments yet every time the end result of physical evaluations proves to be negative.

Positive thoughts

KayeS
20-03-15, 20:59
I've been 100% convinced on at least 4 occasions. As in 100% convinced. Every symptom matched, plus more. And each time I was wrong.

Toby2000
20-03-15, 21:40
Anxiety is like a puppet and you are the puppet master. You sometimes control your (unknowingly) symptoms like tension headaches or itchy skin caused by anxiety, but the trouble is once you are captured in the net of anxiety, it's really hard to break free of that net because it is so strong. Anxiety can seriously create a whole host of symptoms.

If I had £1 for every time I convinced myself of having whatever illness, I'd be typing this up on a super expensive Mac Book, sitting inside a mansion.

Anxiety is what you make it :)