PDA

View Full Version : High heart rate today

xBettyBoopx
20-03-15, 18:48
Heart beating really fast today :(
When I sit and rest it will go down to about 85bpm which is still faster than usual. When I get up to do anything it goes sky high. Doesn't sound like anxiety to me.

Your thoughts please!

Els
Xx

Breathless
20-03-15, 19:38
How high does it go?

Sunflower2
20-03-15, 19:40
One of my most common anxiety symptoms. Infact, I'm lucky when my resting heart rate is in the 80s! Try to ignore it and get on with your evening as you had planned. The only time I notice my heart is when I'm having a panicky moment or I'm exercising. Or if I've eaten a lot of sugar as well! In any case, I wouldn't be worried :)

Emilym80
21-03-15, 01:12
Have you been getting enough sleep? Less than 8 hrs can cause an increase in your hr throughout the entire day. I read an article on the different things that can alter your hr and apparently even missing some sleep due to background noise can increase your hr the next day by 6-8bpm. So I think it could definitely be anxiety- when I'm anxious, mine increases quite a bit. If I manage to truly relax, it's usually like 65bpm, but most of the time for me it's closer to 80-85 at rest. I don't think it's anything to worry about :)