PDA

View Full Version : Psychiatrist increased my prozac to 40mg need help

Valerieanne77
20-03-15, 20:46
I was on 20mg of prozac for 2 weeks, during that time I had mood swings, anxiety, crying spells, depression and then it cleared up. My psychiatrist just increased my Prozac to 40mg 2 weeks ago and it didn't do anything until now. Now I am feeling so much more depressed than I did. I have no motivation and lethargic. I'm having crying spells but the depression seems worse. I also feel kind of sick in my stomach and I am really tired. Is this normal? Am I getting accustomed to the dose? Is this too high a dose? The depression was debilitating but I can feel it going away but I'm still tired and lethargic. Is this going to end? Or is this not normal?

Rachh
20-06-15, 00:13
Hiya I'm on 40mg.. Have been now for around a month.. I was having all what u describe up until Saturday. I was so low and couldn't convince myself that it was side effects. I was ready to go marching to the doctors now and then and demanding to change cus I was so anxious/depressed/irritable/tired/groggy/shakes/spaced out. It was all through the roof.
If you go on the fluoxetine sub forum there is a thread by betterdays.. I printed this out and keep it to refer back to and to give me hope when I'm particularly stressed:) stay strong and as hard as it is try and relax and do things which you enjoy and what relaxes you.. Watching TV/reading a book. I know it's sh*t hearing that because it really annoys me when people say go for a run that will sort your depression out and it's the last thing you want to do.
This sounds so sad for a 25 year old but I really enjoy watching things like the hotel inspector and come dine with me.. I hate daytime TV with all the victimising people and depressing adverts such as Jeremy Kyle and diy sos.. Omg so sorry to ramble I've just looked at this and thought this girl must think I'm crackers. But that's what I mean by doing things you enjoy and giving yourself light distraction and an uplift.
Just give yourself some me time because it is hard work this anxiety lark. If you can't cope you could see your gp about a benzo too and see if it takes the edge off for the first few weeks.
Rest rest rest xxxxx

---------- Post added at 00:13 ---------- Previous post was at 00:12 ----------

I've just realised your from the U.S. So ignore the bit about Jeremy Kyle and diy sos ��