PDA

View Full Version : Lack of appetite with Health Anxiety

JustJoe25
20-03-15, 23:17
Sorry to make another thread, just curious has anyone else experienced this with their health anxiety? My appetite has felt off for a few weeks now. I was experiencing sharp stomach pains, sharp chest pains, indigestion, and altering bouts of constapation/diarhea. In the last week or so all of these have seemed to go away. Except after I eat I usually experience gas and some constapation but I don't have a big appetite, where before I had a pretty good appetite. I usually eat two meals a day, sometimes 3. I normally don't snack and I feel like the portions I eat are smaller than before. I'm male 27 and I am just wondering if this would be something that is HA related or should I be concerned? I thought it might of been the fact that I drink coffee but I've cut that out over a week ago. I must admit I use to drink coffee in the morning on an empty stomach quite often but stopped doing so once I started getting the symtoms mentioned. Is it possible the coffee on an empty stomach irritated the lining in my stomach?

wnsos
21-03-15, 03:01
Yeah! Can confirm. I lost like two stone when my ha was at its worst cos I just wasn't feeling up to eating. Completely lost my appetite and on top of it, was obsessing over what I could get or may have from whatever I was putting inside of my stomach. I've had the sharp pains too, the wind, the bloating, the odd feelings. I still get them and it's always worrisome that I know anxiety can take you when you least expect it. I reckon coffee can do that for sure xx

Toby2000
21-03-15, 08:19
Hi,

When I was most scared a few months ago I didn't want to eat at all. Everything just made me feel sick

Toby :hugs:

shieldandsponge
22-03-15, 02:55
Lack of appetite, indigestion, and IBS are common anxiety symptoms in my experience and from what I've read x

Yorkshire born
23-03-15, 22:16
Sounds very similar to my HA symptoms.

Ange1
24-03-15, 00:04
Yes definitely. My appetite is about half of what it was at mealtimes and I've gone off chocolate and even wine!:ohmy: x

Allidee
24-03-15, 01:48
I've been having to force myself to eat lately. And when I try to eat I feel nauseous and sometimes my stomach will burn. I think it's from how tense my body is all the time. So weird, as I've always had a pretty big appetite in the past.