PDA

View Full Version : This may help some of you I hope

Earthmum
21-03-15, 09:13
With the crippling HA that we suffer on a daily basis can make us feel like we are imprisoned in our own minds, every single day there is a blooming new symptom that invites itself along and we spend the whole day worrying excessively about our new deadly illness, then it disappears like magic ,but not so fast, because its quickly replaced by something completely different , and the cycle goes on! Exhausting should be our middle names :/
I've recently started a diary on my HA and am recording how I feel on a daily basis, entering new symptoms etc and seeing if there is a pattern to the symptoms, I found that a week before my periods I start to feel extremely anxious and nauseous , and a few days before I start to feel itchy in random parts of body , having this diary has somehow made my anxiety lessen as now when I get these symptoms I know that's it because im due on my period and it makes me feel better, I've recorded in my diary that I get a fuzzy feeling in my head and weird nose sensations, and it's always when my hayfever flares up, I've recorded leg pain and pins and needles where once upon a time I would of thought MS ,I now can see a pattern as it happens a few days after my excersise classes, I recorded that my ear would feel itchy and full ,in the past I thought I had a creature stuck in there ( oh yes my anxiety at its best)
But now I keep a diary I can see that it happens after I go to the hairdresser and when they wash my hair water and product gets into my ear and that causes the fullness and the itchiness, so what I'm trying to say is that if you can start to write how your feeling and record all your new and existing symptoms it will help you to think more rationally, as you will be able to see a pattern forming with your symptoms , and writing therapy is good for us,we let out all our worries on paper rather than letting it stew inside us ,which is even worse for our HA
I'm sorry for the long rambling post I know exactly how everyone with HA feels and I just wanted to share with you a new way of handling our HA...
Hope this has helped a little ;)