PDA

View Full Version : Someone knock some sense into me!!

webb89
21-03-15, 15:10
I feel a panic attack coming on big time, I am round a family members house with my son and grandad and I don't want to make a scene.

My son will be 4 in just over a week and I cannot shake the feeling that I will die a week before my birthday just like my nan who died in october a week before my birthday. I know this is irrational and it would be a hell of a coincidence if it did happen but I'm driving myself mad.

I was put on sertraline 2 weeks ago and in the first week had some horrible side effects. I even had an ecg which came back fine so i don't know why I am worrying so much.

23fish
21-03-15, 15:54
2 weeks on Sert is early days - it will get better. Remember if you do have a panic attack it helps to just 'observe' the symptoms and they will then pass more quickly. I had 2 this morning, both of which passed in less than a minute. I understand about worrying about dying. My mum died at 53 and I worked out how many days after her 53rd birthday it was and truly believed I would die at the same time after mine. I am now 54! It's perfectly understandable to feel the way you do, but you will be fine.
Take care

webb89
21-03-15, 16:12
Thank you for your reply. I've never been told to observe the symptoms before, I will try to remember that next time. I usually try to keep myself busy in the hope it passes. I feel much calmer now x