PDA

View Full Version : Can stress/anxiety/lack of sleep cause fever?

mom1982
22-03-15, 09:06
I have a severe v painful muscle sprain in my neck that affects the entire right shoulder area and arm for a week now just by sleeping funny one night.

I went to the Dr and Physio today, Dr gave me painkillers for inflammation and physio said its the neck joints from the way i must have slept and to apply heat, take painkillers and rest.

i slept 4 hrs last night, kept waking up in pain and am highly stressed and anxious for 48hrs now. Pain is really bad. Now I feel warm like I've got a fever.

Can this be caused by stress/anxiety/lack of sleep or I am thinking something more serious associated with the stiff neck joints and inflammation?

Life with health anxiety is miserable :weep:

Munchlet
22-03-15, 11:55
Lack of sleep can cause body temperature to rise.

I work in an infant school whereby we have a child who kept coming in complaining of feeling hot and he always had a slight temperature. This was ongoing for weeks, Doctors' couldn't find anything wrong with him and then one of our teachers saw him out at 11.00 at night with his mum, when this was discussed with his mother she said he rarely went to bed before midnight. The teacher explained to mum that this could be why the child was feeling ill having temperatures etc and since mum agreed to get him in a routine and started giving him a normal bedtime for a child he has not had a temperature for weeks.

So I think in answer to your question yes it's possible. I also find I can raise my body temperature thought stress/being anxious so I think the combine the two and it's highly likely this could be causing the problem.