PDA

View Full Version : collarbone bump

herbie73
22-03-15, 11:56
Morning all, just a quick question, I have had a small bump on my left collarbone for ages, possibly years, at least a year though, anyway it is on the bone and if I push it does move, it also feels like its attached to the muscle, it hasn't got any bigger and as I said its been there a while, does anyone else have this, worried its a node, are you suppose to feel them there, so fed up with different symptoms, I have been on 60 mg of prozac for 5 days now was on 40 but doc reakons I have ocd and that's the dose I need, anyway thanx xx

snowflake293
22-03-15, 13:24
Hi Herbie

I felt a lump just above my collar bone on my neck months ago. I have shown it to several drs/nurses now and none of them can say for sure what it is I can feel but they weren't concerned at all :) they said it might be a vein can feel.

I understand how you feel. Having all these fears and worries grinds you down.

With your bump, see how you feel in a few days. If you are still worried go and see a doctors to set your mind at rest. Remember sometimes when we worry things seem bigger/appear worse than they are xx

Fishmanpa
22-03-15, 14:03
Lumps and bumps? We're not made of porcelain ;) If it's been there a year or more, it's most likely a lipoma or just a non sinister part of your body that you never would have been concerned with outside of HA or self examination by poking and prodding.

I disagree with a doctor visit for reassurance since it's not causing any issues or drastically changing.

Positive thoughts

herbie73
22-03-15, 16:11
Thank you guys, I think it is probably part of my collarbone that's always been there, I also have a boney protrusion on my left leg just under the knee which feels very similar, so hopefully its just a normal part of my body, I've felt it before and it didn't bother me then, think ha is making it seem more sinister xx

snowflake293
22-03-15, 16:43
Actually I agree with Fishmanpa, only go to the doctors if it is causing you trouble. Personally I found my health anxiety subsided when I stopped seeking constant reassurance by seeing a doctor.

Our bodies are naturally lumpy and bumpy and I guess sometimes when we are anxious we home in on things and what is a harmless lump becomes a huge cancerous monster in our minds. Health anxiety is like huuuuuge worst case scenario microscope that just makes us worry about the slightest thing.