PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/ health issues

violet33
22-03-15, 18:28
I have a few health issues such as MILD but kind of chronic headaches due to sinus & tension & also stomach issues like gerd/mild hiatal hernia/ibs. I also have severe anxiety which I know exacerbates the symptoms of these conditions. My question is HOW do I get my anxiety under control because in my heart I KNOW this anxiety increases symptoms which in turn increases anxiety & tension & it just goes around & around in a vicious circle. I see a therapist & psychistrist & take xanax which helps, but i really need to reduce stress & anxiety & am having difficulty doing that. Any suggestions would be much appreciated as i feel like this anxiety & fear is taking over many times. Thank You!

violet33
23-03-15, 00:32
If anyone has any suggestions, I could really use it as I need to find a way to manage my anxiety because sometimes I feel it's managing me & that's not good at all. Thank You.

Allidee
23-03-15, 00:50
It's hard for me to give suggestions as I'm really struggling hard with the same thing. But some stuff I like to do is take walks, eat a healthy meal, draw something directly from a picture really gets me to focus on something else. Breathing exercises I've found to be really good, especially during panic attack types of situations. Just focusing on your breathes and nothing else can be very calming. I don't know if you have any pets but spending time with my cats is also a great stress relief.

I'm sorry I can't be of much more help than that. But I hope you feel better and that you are able to find some sort of peace each day. Good luck I wish the best for you. <3

violet33
23-03-15, 10:02
Thank You! I've heard breathing exercises help. I'm going to try that & yes I have 3 cats, one of which is extremely social & affectionate. Yes pets can be extremely therapeutic.

dac0273
23-03-15, 10:48
Hi violet why don't you join the health anxiety recovery group facebook page , somebody has set up from here , it's there to help you recover if you want to

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

I'm in same position as you , I'm seeing a therapist , and just stRted taking citalopram , 6 days only , I get head aches which I think are brain annyuerism, jaw pain , upper back ache which is heart attack waiting to happen , yet I've been thinking these thoughts for ages now and nothing has happened , I wish I could be relieved of the worry , do your mess helping ?