PDA

View Full Version : Hello

suzy129
23-03-15, 19:14
Hi my name is sue I have suffered from panic attacks and Agorophobia for many years now would love to get an insight of how others cope with this existence

venusbluejeans
23-03-15, 19:19
Hiya suzy129 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

lorandian
23-03-15, 19:41
Hi sue, I have suffered for about 20 years, panic attacks and agoraphobia too, I have good days and bad, I find going out a bit easier now but still get panic attacks, good to have people to share our thoughts with on here x

Davit
26-03-15, 04:07
Coping is the first half of CBT and changing thought patterns is the second coping skills are definitely necessary and there are many but a cure comes only with a changing of thought patterns. Personal experience. I no longer have panic attacks or Agoraphobia. I used to and they were very bad. I couldn't go into stores, I couldn't go to cities over a certain size and I woke every night with panic attacks that lasted up to five hours and left me rung out. Hitting bottom was spending six weeks in the psych ward for feeling suicidal. There was no where farther down I could go, it was time to research and change and work my way back to the surface. Which I successfully did. Just so you know it can be done and life can be free to live as you would.