PDA

View Full Version : New member - depression and anxiety

GazR1989
23-03-15, 23:14
Hey I'm Gary , over the past 6 months I've been feeling very low and down about myself , I was recently diagnosed with depression and have since been put on citalopram which I took for a few months but felt much worse during taking them so I have taken myself off of them as I've began to feel anxious and suicidal , my condition has recently made me quit my job as I worked away from home for long periods of time and it appeared to be making me worse and suddenly life has became a struggle , it has caused a lot of issues with my family and with my partner as when I hit rock bottom I tend to become a very heavy drinker , which obviously makes me a very hard person to live and deal with , I'm looking for any and all advice as it would be very appreciated to help me kickstart my life and regain my positive attitude on life , thanks ,
Gary

venusbluejeans
23-03-15, 23:19
Hiya GazR1989 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Davit
25-03-15, 06:51
Gary, hi

Ask your Doctor about the other class of antidepressant. Tricyclic anti depressants are mood stabilizers and work on dopamine rather than seratonin. Side effects are sleepy
and a dry mouth. SSRI's are almost always tried first. I'm on of those people that get panicky and suicidal on SSRI's

Davit