PDA

View Full Version : Little pale spot on face. Normal?

worriednow22
24-03-15, 02:46
Hi,

So I have a small pale spot on my face. It's not white, but the skin pigment is lighter. It's about the size of a grain of rice. I am worried this is vitiligo the skin condition. I am just wondering, does anyone else here have any small whiter spots on their face if they look really closely? Nobody would ever notice this unless I pointed it out. It's basically like a pale/white freckle.

I am just asking if anyone could check to find such a spot? All I read is any lighter skin area is a fungus or vitiligo. This isn't a fungus I dont think. But cant we just have uneven skin tone with a small white spot? I am just concerned this will grow and is vitilgo. What are your thoughts?

wnsos
24-03-15, 10:23
if they look really closely

That's your answer right there. You're noticing something because you're looking! Uneven skin pigment here and there is very common, especially on the face. There are companies making tons from making creams for it. X

worriednow22
17-04-15, 21:35
Thanks wnsos. But I think there is another one that has popped up near it. I have been in the sun the last few weeks. I wonder if this could be the problem? These are just paler spots than the rest of my face. I look on the right side of my face and don't see this. Is it possible I could just have a pale spot that the sun caused? I am about to be 32 years old now.

Gary A
17-04-15, 22:07
Vitiligo typically presents with larger patches that also affect the opposite side of the body. It may be a fungal condition, what makes you think it isn't?

MyNameIsTerry
17-04-15, 22:17
If your skin has deepened in colour from the sun exposure, it will show up patches there were already there such as scars.

worriednow22
18-04-15, 17:47
This isn't obviously noticable. What I am worried about is this is the start of vitilago. Just curious. Can someone look real closely in the mirror and look for any small white areas on your face? Like almost a white freckle. I have tried looking on other peoples face but its hard because you got to stare and look closely.

The thing that worries me is there is a new area of white that has popped up right next to this one. I think that concerns me more than anything. It seems the small white freckle spot is trying to grow and merge with the other small white freckle spot that has newly popped up. I mean maybe this could be normal and the sun did this exposing a natural paler area of my skin?

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

It looks a bit like this picture:

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/picture-of-melasma-pregnancy-mask-on-cheek

See how there is a whiter area surronded by darker skin? Well that's kinda how mine is expect its not as big as this pic and there's only brown right around the small white area.

Gary A
18-04-15, 18:11
If there is now another patch that looks like it's merging with the original patch then that sounds very much like pityriasis versicolor, a harmless fungal skin infection. This is easily treated with over the counter products that contain ketoconazole, such as nizoral dandruff shampoo and certain ointments. Speak to your doctor about it, but it very much sounds like that. Vitiligo comes on gradually, it doesn't come on so quickly.

worriednow22
18-04-15, 19:15
Thanks. I am not sure what it is. I does look similar to the pic in the link I posted. It has more definded borders than the fungal condition you talk about. I mean, maybe the sun has taned the area around it more revealing some lighter skin. It's hard to say. Do you have any white spots on face if you look closely? Like a small area that is faintly whiter than the rest of the skin?