PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety causes other medical probs

kareem
24-03-15, 07:54
I dont know about you all, but my anxiety for the last 20 years have had its toll on me.

To be specific, when I had episodes of social anxiety and panic attacks, my head used to sore so bad that I used to take all sorts of pain killers like Panadol, Asprin etc ...

After few years I started to have high level of acidity in my stomach and burning sensation in my chest.

Taking pills did not help so I did a gastroscopy, the result was a diagnosis of Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Since the last 7 years or so, I am taking Nexium (esomeprazole).

To add insult to injury, I also developed Hypertension, as a tense person my BP was 140/90 at ease but shoots up to 200/110 on tense situations.
So the doctor prescribed me Coveram (Perindopril/amlodipine).

Still I am surviving the battle of life and try to continue.

Do you have any similar experiences? please do tell

Thanks

MyNameIsTerry
25-03-15, 09:39
I guess they can be direct or indirect Kareem.

For instance, I've had sciatica now for about 10 months, daily. I suspect this ahs occurred because anxiety has caused my sleep to decrease to levels that are too low so I am not resting enough as I walk daily.

Anxiety causes a lot of strain on the body as it burns through higher levels of nutrients so unless we compensate, we are not doing oursleves any favours. RDA's have been out of date for decades and don't apply to many people, as any bodybuilder will attest to. So, this needs some looking into, although I haven't done much of this other than Omega 3 and Vitamin C so far.

One think that always makes me laugh is how doctors brush of anxiety & panic by saying it can't hurt you. Yet these same professionals are telling us that stress is linked to various physical problems...welll, I can do stress standing on my head and always did but anxiety is on a whole other level! I don't like saying this on the HA board as it could be a trigger for some, but its a blatent misleading statement but I guess doctors are more interesting in the immediate effects of panic so as to calm the patient.