PDA

View Full Version : in a bad state of panic -can't get to the doctors until Friday.

little.miss.worry
24-03-15, 09:41
I'm in a really bad state of panic right now and have had a panic attack. I have painful ears and also underneath my chin a gland or lymph node or whatever it may be has swollen up so I think I have an ear infection. It's also hurting my jaw. So i rang up the doctors early and all the appointments have gone! I can't go tomorrow as I'm staying over somewhere, Thursday they only open half days and I'll be back for dinner time :( and that's when they close :'( so the only option is Friday and I'm worried out my mind I'll get worse and i really don't know what to do at all :'(

---------- Post added at 09:41 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

UPDATE-

I can potentially get an appointment Thursday now. I have to be down there at 8pm tomorrow in order to get an appointment. Feeling slightly more at ease now but I'm still a little worried :(

Emilym80
24-03-15, 11:45
I'm sorry you're feeling poorly! Ear infections are nothing major in almost all cases, try to remind yourself of that :) it's probably a good idea for you to tell your doctor about your anxiety when you see them if you haven't already and if you're not currently in treatment- I would say that's a greater cause for concern.

Best wishes :)

little.miss.worry
24-03-15, 11:57
I'm sorry you're feeling poorly! Ear infections are nothing major in almost all cases, try to remind yourself of that :) it's probably a good idea for you to tell your doctor about your anxiety when you see them if you haven't already and if you're not currently in treatment- I would say that's a greater cause for concern.

Best wishes :)

Thank you for your reply :) Ill try and remind myself :) I think its the fact that I know I can't get it sorted until Thursday so I'm just thinking things like oh my gosh I'll get worse and things like that :( my doctor knows about my anxiety and I'm currently doing CBT every Tuesday. Which at the moment isn't helping. So I think I'll have to talk about my anxiety again to them to see if there's any more help I can get

Thank you x

Emilym80
24-03-15, 12:03
No problem. Try and practice CBT as frequently as you can; whenever I find myself worrying, I allow myself to worry instead of resisting it and I accept that it will happen. The worry usually passes much more quickly and I find that if I can do this every time I worry, I worry less and less and am able to look at the problem more objectively. Hopefully this works for you. If you have a smartphone, you can get a free app called SAM, which I've also found really helpful.

I hope the CBT session works out too. Hang in there!