PDA

View Full Version : pressure behind eyes

amy19
18-01-07, 21:19
hi does any1 else feel as though they have pressure behind their eyes, ive had most of the other symptoms such as the tingling, pins and needles, pressure headaches, dizzyness, fast heart beat and breathing i also feel tightness accross my nose. is this pressure behind eyes normal 4 anxiety as my eyes dont feel the same wen i look at them, theyve lost there sparkle xx

amyx

domino
18-01-07, 22:05
Go see your g.p. unless there is any medical members here that can help, Pinns and needles i can relate to .

DonCorleone9
19-01-07, 04:47
I have had this and was worried about, I havn't confirmed it was the anxiety but so many things seems to be down to it. If you see your GP let me know what he/she say.

All the Best

Nick

kimmiepie
19-01-07, 05:10
I too have this problem. It feels like pressure behind the eyes, but usually it is worse behind or around the nose (don't know how to describe it really). I've had my eyes checked out and and brain mri which were both fine.

Don't know what causes it, but let us know if you find out. [^]

**whenwillthisend**
19-01-07, 11:36
yep ive had this too...when i was going through my "brain tumour".......its anxiety related, i think its the muscles behind your eyes tensing...i had all your symptoms too the pressure headaches head tightness face feeling numb........i promise you it is anxety-it takes time but it will go.....if you are really worried see if your g.p can reassure you
take carex

byronhinson
19-01-07, 17:59
Could also be sinus problems too with pressure behind the eyes, always good to get it checked out just in case.

Byron Hinson
http://www.byronhinson.com

Hockeygirl55
25-09-14, 17:31
I too have similar symptoms. I am in big fear of having a brain tumor right now, so every little thing is freaking me out! I went to the optometrist 2 days ago to have my eyes checked because of it (and also because it's been years since I last had them checked). I was feeling pressure in my right eye a lot (it's been a few days now since that has happened, thank God) and I have been having the ghosting issues when I read words and whatnot. Turns out my eye pressure was normal in both eyes and my eyes seem to be in perfect shape. The only thing my doctor said was that if I start getting unusual headaches or seeing black spots that don't go away, I need to see her right away because it could mean glaucoma. She saw that my
Optic nerve was a little larger than it Shouldve been, I think. Although, she said she isn't worried at all really. She didn't schedule another appointment so I think if it was something she is seriously concerned about, that wouldve happened. It definitely freaks me out but I think the pressure in your eye is anxiety related for sure. Oh, and I also get dizzy quite often. Just try to relax and make sure you're drinking a lot of water. It does help.