PDA

View Full Version : My 3-week cough disappeared after I visited my doctor!

skyisblue
24-03-15, 12:51
Okay, so for the past three weeks I've been having this post-nasal drip after I eat. Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. I always had that slight phlegm in my throat that is sometimes hard to relieve even with the coughing. I've been having soft stools and gas pains since I got it, too.

Now, I didn't immediately see my GP for some reason. I had my first case of hyper acidity in 2011 when I regularly skipped meals. Omeprazole worked wonders. Since 2011, I've been doing good except I had another flare up of digestive issues in 2014, I think. Again, meds worked.

So fast forward yesterday, I finally had the courage to visit a family doctor. Explained all my symptoms to her. She said she was confident it was the acid thing again considering I have a history and soft stool. She touched my tummy and said it was indeed gassy. So she prescribed me with esomeprazole for four weeks just to calm down my stomach acid.

Well I was relieved that she didn't think it wasn't anything worse. I still had other issues to worry about though.

Anyway, after my doc visit (it was around 5pm), I ate dinner and lo and behold for the first time in three weeks, the post nasal drip/coughing/phlegm disappeared! The following morning, I ate breakfast, lunch, and now dinner, and still my throat is more or less clear!

I mean, is that a coincidence or something??? I am still debating whether I should take the meds or not. I still have some weird sensations in the tummy after I eat, but nothing entirely new to me.

By the way, my bowel movement this morning was normal! Seriously?! After a visit?!