PDA

View Full Version : Acid Reflux-feeling really awful-can anyone relate?

Pandagirl
24-03-15, 19:16
Hi there,

I have currently been on Sertraline 50mg for 6 weeks, my GP upped the dose to 100mg 2 weeks ago. I have had mild acid reflux before (endoscopy in 2007 which showed slight acid reflux) but I'm feeling really awful this time & wondered if the Sertraline could be making the reflux worse?
I'm currently experiencing:

Heartburn- 30 mins after taking tablet
Gnawing pain in upper stomach
Lower back & stomach ache
Pressure type ache between shoulder blades- (mostly right)
Sore neck & jaw

I do have IBS as well! My GP has put me on Lansoprazole 30mg, which I've been taking for 8 weeks, I have been on it in the past but it doesn't seem to be helping this time?

On the plus side the Sertraline does seems to be helping with HA & I haven't put any weight on which I did with Cipralex, so would like to stuck with it if possible.

Anyone experienced this on Sertraline? Just feeling really awful & would love some reassurance as I do not Doctor Google :)

skyisblue
25-03-15, 00:04
Hello,

I've been having acid issues as well.

I never really had the heartburn symptom, but for the past 3 weeks I've had this cough and phlegm that would come after eating! Scary. GP told me take to esomeprazole for a month. Funny thing is after the appointment, I started feeling okay. The cough didn't seem to return.

Will still probably be taking the meds soon though.

How long have you had acid reflux issue? I hope we can get through this!

Lee2475
25-03-15, 08:01
I too am suffering with this, I'm on lmipramine started over a week ago now and it's awful. The pain in the chest is shocking. Was OK until I started these.
Ended up in doctors yesterday with it as I couldn't work out what was up. Feels like someone standing on my chest.
I have been drinking gaviscon and it's eased slightly and got something to take at nite.

Frankie123
25-03-15, 08:58
Hi Pandagirl

When I had those very symptoms my doctor discovered I had helicobacter Pylori and I was put on to two weeks of multiple antibiotics and hey presto all symptoms disappeared. Have you been tested for this