PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is Back

johnmd91
25-03-15, 15:21
Hello Everyone,

This is my second post, my first one was back in June, 2013 which was the last time I suffered badly enough with anxiety to come on here and post about it. I have been on and off Citalopram 20mg for some years and have always found it to be very effective in treating my anxiety. I find when I'm on it I worry far less about my health, worry less about anxiety itself.

I managed to got through a period of about 18 months without a single anxiety attack, and thought it was time to come off the meds. I was doing fine for 6 months (5 months longer than last time i came off the meds) and then the anxiety hit my like a train again on Friday. Guess I must have been getting stressed without realising it.

Anyways, I think I'm on the road to recovery, I was more active today than I was yesterday, but it is still a struggle to make it through the days. Although I am having to go to the toilet about once every 20 minutes, and I'm struggling to eat/sleep still.

Im back taking my citalopram, and hope to be back to normal soon!

Oosh
25-03-15, 22:34
I think the styles of thinking/feeling create different neural pathways and it's easy to jump back into the anxious path with a memory, thought, feeling. I do it regularly. Don't let it overly worry you. I find the better mood had ingredients and was built on a few things. If I go back to seeing things the way I was, enjoying the things I was enjoying, remembering the reasons I had confidence etc etc I find my way back to the better more resilient anxiety free state.

The longer you spend out of the anxious neural pathway it weakens and you become the non-anxious you. It becomes the default.