PDA

View Full Version : Hit my head (temple) on car door

kirstymc
25-03-15, 19:32
I was getting out of the car earlier, about an hour ago, my bag got caught on the gear stick so it pulled me back and as I turned I hit my head on the temple on the door frame :wacko: it hurt at the time, enough that I had to sit down for a couple seconds. It's throbbing a bit on my left temple where I hit it, I feel a bit weird but I don't know if this is just the anxiety. And now I'm panicking that I'm going to be one of those people you read about that seems fine but then collapses. Especially as it was on the temple. Help!! I know it sounds stupid but I'm really panicking.

kirstymc
27-03-15, 01:46
Ok, it's about 32 hours now since this happened. I've got a bit of a bruise where I hit it, but now I've got a dull headache on the opposite temple/side of my head, and it's sort of radiating round. I'm a little uneasy but I don't know if this is because I'm tired and anxious. I'm so tired (it's nearly 2am here) but I'm too scared to go to sleep! Please help, I feel like I'm going to be one of these people who seems fine but then suddenly collapses!

---------- Post added at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 ----------

It's sort of radiating to my nose too :unsure:

Earthmum
27-03-15, 04:50
Hi honey I've just read your post sorry no one has replied, I hope your feeling better and I'm sure you are but I've done this a few times and each time I've worried chronically like you, I always think that I will be the one that will suddenly die later on :-0
But I've been fine and so will you too, it's normal to feel bruised as you hit your head quite hard it's like hitting your arm or leg, it hurts.. But because it was the head you know it " can" be dangerous so you have worked yourself up and are making it seem worse because if your worry!!
Our skulls are pretty tough things if every time we hit out head and died there would be no one left on the earth, my husband does this on a regular basis when he's doing things in the garage he's such a clumsy clogs ,he has deep gashes, cuts bruises but he's always fine and carries on.. Obviously you would watch for signs like sleepiness headache that's severe and vomiting then you would maybe need to be evaluated by a doc, but I'm 99 percent sure you are ok, don't worry , get some rest now it's been a while since you hit it, so just rest up ... Hugs ;)