PDA

View Full Version : I was doing so well..

Rosie2
25-03-15, 20:58
Hi,

I haven't posted on here in over a year, my health anxiety was so bad I spent about 2 years genuinely convinced I was dying of somethin . (Usually some form of cancer.. I honestly thought at different points of time that I had skin cancer, lung cancer, lympoma, throat cancer.. The list goes on)

After going to CBT and sorting out health issues and my anxiety I can honestly say that health anxiety hasn't been an issue in my life. Which has been amazing.. Until now :unsure:

I am traveling at the moment and today I found a small lump at the back of my head. It feels like a pimple but I can't remember if I had a mole there previously. It doesn't hurt or anything but thinking it was a pimple or ingrown hair I poked it and now a bit of the surface has scratched and I can't tell what it is. I have no access to my Dr and suddenly the same thought pattern is back in action, with a voice convincing me it is a terrible cancer growing which will spread everywhere.

I have resisted Google so far but I really dont know what to do. If I was in my normal area I would get it checked just to be sure but it isn't possible and I don't know what yo do. I don't want this to ruin my traveling! I dont move back until September but I could visit, but I'm on a tight budget and the flights would really be a hassle for me plus flying back for appointments

Any suggestions? :(

Gary A
25-03-15, 21:09
It's doubtful to be anything to worry about. Isn't there a doctor you could see where you are? Other than that I can only suggest paying attention to it and looking for any changes in growth etc.