PDA

View Full Version : Another health anxiety...

LisaRosie
25-03-15, 21:55
Hello everyone,
My husband found this site for me. I feel like it might be a lifeline. I've always suffered with health anxiety, specifically connected to Cancer. My first ' episode' as I call them, was age 11. I thought I had a tumour in my leg and remember hugging my leg in the bath, crying, saying goodbye to it as I was convinced it'd have to be amputated!! I'm now 38 and, in my head, I've had every Cancer going. Enfless trips to dr's, all sorts of examination and scans later, I'm in the middle of probably my worst episode yet! i had a pelvic scan yesterday and the nurse told me I had healthy ovaries. It made me feel better for about half an hour til my mind decided 'oh, the problem must be with your bowels then!!!' Cue major panic all over again. I've had blood tests today and now have a weeks wait til the results. Not sure how I'll get through the week. It's utterly ridiculous and I'm so cross with myself. I have two young children and I'm in control and happy in every other aspect of my life. However, worries about my health just floor me everytime!! The only good thing that's come out of this episode is that I've finally asked my dr for help. She's given me lots of info on anxiety and hopefully I'll get some help. Thanks for reading. I'm of to explore the site xx

venusbluejeans
25-03-15, 22:03
Hiya LisaRosie and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: