PDA

View Full Version : Troubled 24 year old father...

HudsonC91
26-03-15, 11:17
Hi all,

My name is Chris and I am a 24 years old father of 1 (nearly 2) . I work for a huge watch company within the customer satisfaction department and there are many people working in the huge open plan space. I fear going everyday and it gets worse everyday. I fear talking to people as I feel really on edge and anxious.

Would be great to know I'm not the only one troubled by this. I have such a lovely partner who is understanding, however would love to change my life.

venusbluejeans
26-03-15, 11:23
Hiya HudsonC91 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

23tana
26-03-15, 11:34
Hi Chris. Is it possible for you to work in another department? Does anyone at work know how you feel? Your employers have a duty to keep you physically and mentally well in your workplace, but you also have a duty to tell them how you are feeling. Is there anyone in Personnel you could talk to?

HudsonC91
26-03-15, 15:33
Hi

Yeh I have thought of Doing so. There is like a warehouse, which may be better as I'm moving around a lot more etc. I just feel like I should start a new job as worried how people might view me now.

Davit
26-03-15, 17:44
Chris

Don't do anything in a hurry, this site has a very good description of agoraphobia and it is one of the easiest of all mental disorders to cure. If that is what you have it will follow you no matter what job you take. Congratulations on the nearly two, that would be a very good reason to fix this problem.

Davit

HudsonC91
26-03-15, 18:22
Hi Davit

Thanks for your comment. I'm not sure if this is what I have. I have been in touch with talking therapies Berkshire and they've booked me in for an assessment which I guess is a good stepping stone. I've also ordered a book on self help which I hope can aid me also.

Thanks again for the vote of confidence.

Chris

MyNameIsTerry
28-03-15, 08:27
:welcome:Hi and welcome to NMP

I've had these issues too. I worked in a large open plan office in a stressful business analysis role with people on my back all the time.

Its right to not make any rash decisions and that this could follow you anyway as its developing into a disorder hence can seap into your life outside work as well.

Whether its agoraphobia, there is not enough information to say because the same can be experienced in Social Anxiety Disorder and GAD.

Its worth seeking help for this and TT in Berkshire is a good move.

I suggest you also spend time talking to people on here as what you are describing is commonly found with anxiety disorders and you will find help in understanding it and how to recover from it.