PDA

View Full Version : Hi there- MRI results have scared me.

Panickypea
26-03-15, 12:31
Hi everyone,

My name is pip and I posted straight away in the health anxiety section. Should have really introduced myself first!

I've posted on here before but had some mix ups with my login etc so I'm back with this new name.

I have slways found nmp really useful in reassurance and support from people going through the sand awful anxiety driven feelings as me.

My problem is my brain- I have had many symptoms to do with my head the main ones being flickering pulsating jumping eyes which I was referred for an MRI scan for.
The results came back that I have an enlarged pineal gland but the doc thought it was of no significance.

They have since written to me and asked ME to come back in 9 months to repeat the scan to see if my gland has grown any more.

I'm so afraid and can't help thinking the worst- brain tumour.

If anyone can offer any support or useful threads to read id be so grateful.

Thanks xx

venusbluejeans
26-03-15, 12:36
Hiya pea-k and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Panickypea
26-03-15, 12:52
Thank you very much x

Davit
26-03-15, 17:36
Hello pip.

Did your doctor explain other reasons for an enlarged pineal gland. Tumours are rare. More common is calcification. It also enlarges with age. The gland is not restricted by the blood brain barrier. It has a rich blood supply. So the possibility of chemical intervention is there if there are such chemicals available. You would have to ask your Doctor. I would not automatically assume a tumour since there are other reasons more likely. I can relate to the the fear though. I have visual migraines and the first one I had I thought was a stroke.

Davit

Panickypea
27-03-15, 17:59
Hi Davit,

Thank you for you comments, funnily enough I was at my docs today to follow up and he said it could be a pinealoma which essentially is a benign growth on my gland that would possibly explain my symptoms (eyes, dizzy, memory loss) but I have to wait until august for a repeat scan to check to see if it has grown any further.

My doc said tumours on the pineal gland are very rare so I'm just hoping so much it's nothing awful...

Fingers crossed x