PDA

View Full Version : being irritable/brain tumour worry

penguinbop
26-03-15, 21:08
Ive had dizziness and increasing headaches over this past year, lately ive got very irritable. i snap at everyone and before I was not like this. everyone notices that i snap all the time, the smallest thing makes me angry. I'm so fed up, I want to feel like myself again but i constantly feel dizzy and a whole other range of things. im sure i have a brain tumour but havent had a scan.

Gary A
26-03-15, 21:16
Irritability is a symptom of anxiety, not a brain tumour. Have you saw a doctor about any of this? Any tests etc?

penguinbop
26-03-15, 22:14
I saw a Dr before the headaches started and i had some blood tests, showed low vit d which ive been taking. Also said possible hormone problems. I was meant to go back tuesday but appt was moved.

Gary A
26-03-15, 22:20
It's worth getting checked out but it's very unlikely to be a brain tumour. Brain tumour headaches are severe and unrelenting, they also get worse when you're lying down, when you cough or shout and when you exert yourself physically. Brain tumour headaches are caused by raised intracranial pressure, which would also cause constant nausea and bad vomiting. Your doctor can check you over to rule this out by inspecting your eyes, checking your blood pressure and performing a simple neurological examination.

Fishmanpa
26-03-15, 22:54
I have to stress again that a doctor visit for reassurance purposes just reinforces the HA behavior. If there is a scheduled visit fine but one cannot run to the doctor or the ER and get test after test after test. Of the 10's of thousands of posts I've read, there's been maybe 1 that actually panned out to something serious and 0 brain tumors. Taking into account the OP post history and the fact this is an anxiety board, it points to the obvious.

Irritability is a symptom of anxiety. I know because when my "scanxiety" kicks in around check up time, I'm an irritable *******! ~lol~ The silliest things set me off.

Positive thoughts