PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so difficult to learn

up a ladder
26-03-15, 22:09
To be honest, I have actually only ever had a few panic attacks. Lots of very anxious times, but only a few actual pamic attacks.
I had about 5 years of real trouble where I ended up on Lithium, sleeping tablets and a huge dose of amatryptaline. When my daughter was born it got so much better that I was then kept on a very small dose of Citalopram.
I have stayed anxious and definitely avoided situations (hotels when working away, meetings and flying). What really confuses me is that regardless of me getting through all of the occassions that I could not avoid pretty much panic free (or within an hour or so at worse) the next event fills me with dread.
I had a meeting last week and did not sleep the night before at all. I was in a pool of sweat most of the night. The meeting went withour hitch, but I am already worrying about my next one that is a few weeks away.
I know what has triggered the recent session, as work has had a major upheaval and left me extremely concerned.

jayye
30-03-15, 10:32
Hi
I get the same. I might survive a particularly scary incident for me eg going into the bank ( I hate automatic doors). But it doesn't make me feel any less anxious the next time i need to do it. This goes against the rules of cbt doesn't it?