PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms that persist?

KuwariKudi
26-03-15, 22:29
Are there some symptoms you can't shake or should I say, are synonymous with your health anxiety?

Like in December, it used to feel like my legs were swaying and numb. It went on for a good 2 weeks or so. But now nothing! Same goes for pinky twitching and eyebrow pain.

I thought I had moved past the weird tingling, wet sensations on my scalp, plus odd vision. But I saw a news story about one of my trigger illnesses and, it all came back. I think it's slowly going away, but it's just scary to think that it could all come back just because I was feeling highly anxious again.

So, I guess my real question is, how do you deal when a setback occurs in your HA recovery?

Frankie123
28-03-15, 22:52
I guess my way of dealing with it is to talk loudly to myself. I tell myself we have been in this position many times before and the symptoms have eventually gone away. If I get really over anxious about something then I talk to my doctor who is very good at listening.

wnsos
29-03-15, 14:03
Honestly, distraction. Just get on with it and occupy your mind with something else. Even symptoms that never seem to go away disappear when you're fully immersed in something else. :hugs: