PDA

View Full Version : heart racing after eating ...

stars22
27-03-15, 11:44
I finally got out this morning me and my little boy shared dinner and after eating my heart is racing I thought I would clean all my house and take my mind off this tiny ache I have in my chest but my body had other plans my heart rate is 95 resting I can feel it pulsing and odd thumps kind of feels like a gallop anyways I started to ignore it and started cleaning again and I start going Dizzy and feel I'm going to pass out when I'm active so I have stayed sat down for past 15 minutes my Hearats still racing no panic attack or anxiety just heart racing for no reason and dizzyness I thought it may be because my house is too hot so I opened the windows but nothing is helping anyone got any advice ?

---------- Post added at 11:44 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

Also I have had a holter for 24 hours and a echo I think it's called a heart us anyways and all looks Normal

Gary A
27-03-15, 11:47
Try to slow down your breathing. Breathe in through your nose for 4 seconds, hold that breathe for 4 seconds, then exhale through your mouth for a further 4 seconds. Your heart rate should decrease after a couple of minutes. Try not to worry too much because that can make it worse. However, if the pain and rapid heartbeat persists or worsens you may want to consider talking to a medical professional. At the moment it sounds very much like a panic attack. Do you have any other symptoms or sensations?

Emilym80
27-03-15, 14:21
I agree with Gary... when you're eating, focus on your breathing. Maybe try and eat a little more slowly and see if that makes any difference. This probably isn't much consolidation but 95 isn't technically very fast either, it's still within normal range.

Best wishes :)

Lee2475
27-03-15, 14:38
mine sits at around 90 when resting

KeeKee
27-03-15, 16:33
I have read that heart rate increases after eating to aid with digestion. It's completely normal and makes sense too. It happens to me especially if I've had a big meal.
Also, a lot of people on here have high resting heart rates, unfortunately it often comes hand in hand with anxiety.

stars22
27-03-15, 22:49
Aww thank you all its good to know do any of you get random thumps like very big thump in chest for no reason this is also new I shouldn't be worried as had 24 hour monitor in December and heart sonigram in October but new things like this scare me a lot and no I had no other symtoms I have panic attack so much I have had them since I was around 5 and that wasn't one I can calm my self down during panic attacks now because I know what they are when all the symtoms come through xx

KeeKee
28-03-15, 07:49
As far as I am aware that is a palpitation, yep I get them. The doctor said they're normal too, in time you will probably find that you get them more in times of stress and only the odd one here and there when you aren't as worked up.