PDA

View Full Version : panic disorder with agoraphobia

jayb1
27-03-15, 14:37
Hi am new to this. Have suffered with panic disorder and agoraphobia on and off for 20 yrs. Having a real bad time with it at the moment. I call it the tiger at the end of my bed. He's there when I wake up and the fear continues from there all day long. Medication helps to make him prowl rather than pounce ie full blown panic. Am struggling to cope . Thought chatting to someone else with the same problem might help

venusbluejeans
27-03-15, 14:43
Hiya jayb1 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

BriStarMan
27-03-15, 19:14
Hi Jayb1

I have panic with agoraphobia also and having a really hard time leaving the house or being left alone. Had panic attacks for 15 years and agoraphobia I guess for 10 years now, which has steadily gotten worse and now near house bound. Been having cbt sessions this winter and got some more coming up, which I hope will help me.