PDA

View Full Version : scared

herbie73
27-03-15, 16:46
Hi there, I have posted about this problems a couple of times, I just need some advice, I have a small bump on my collarbone which feels like bone, but at the back of this bump, there seems to be a spongy lump, it does move slightly, it almost feel like muscle, now this is on my left side the bump is located in the middle, in the past I have had a couple of accidents, went over the handle bars on my bike, had whiplash because someone drove up the back of me and had bad neck for weeks, and a couple of others that could have caused an injury, anyway I know I have had the bump for at least a year,I am worried that its a lymph node or a tumour on the bone, I have no other symptoms, please someone help, I can't go back to docs again as I am scared I will be sent for tests, thanx xx

Just to add the lump actually feels like a long muscle it seems to run from the collarbone to the muscle at the back, could this be a damaged ligament, I don't have it on the other side x

Gary A
27-03-15, 17:13
A few questions. Is this lump hard, large and painless? Are you losing weight rapidly, waking up during the night soaked in sweat and have a constant stabbing pain in your abdomen? If you answer no to these questions, the chances of you having lymphoma are ridiculously low. If you've had this for over a year without it getting bigger and have developed no other symptoms then it's probably just constructive tissue like cartilage.

You should see your doctor if you're worried, but I really don't think this sounds like anything sinister at all.

herbie73
27-03-15, 17:29
Hi there, the bump on the bone is tiny, the lump behind feels more like a rope that connects the muscle to the collarbone, I have no other symptoms, only anxiety, x

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

Hi there, the bump on the bone is tiny, the one behind is long and thin, feels like a rubber band, it feels like it attaches to the muscle and the collarbone, I am perfectly well have no other symptoms, other than anxiety, is it possible an injury could cause a problem with the connective tissue, also at certain angles it cannot be felt, like when I turn my head.

Gary A
27-03-15, 17:33
Yes it's possible, it may just be larger and more pronounced on that side than your other. Our bodies are complex things and the odd lump or bump, especially in bony areas, is not unusual. I'm pretty sure that having had this for a year with no other symptoms and no noticeable growth or change in the lump can rule out lymphoma. As I said, if you're really worried you must see a doctor, but I personally don't feel there's any need to alarm yourself.

herbie73
27-03-15, 17:34
Thank you x