PDA

View Full Version : Appendicitis fear, again please help am desperate!

pixietrixie
27-03-15, 18:50
Hi guys, some of you know I have this fear lately but today I woke up went pee and it was orange... Sorry tmi... Anyway felt ok went to work and I started to get pain in my lower back especially my right side and it's from the bottom of the middle of my back to my hip bone, usually I would put this down to kidneys as I get a lot of kidney infection and uti's. The thing is I have started to panic and worry that it could be appendicitis.* and tbh I just need a bit of help and know you guys understand. .. x

snowflake293
27-03-15, 19:54
I understand what you are going through. My health anxiety has been pretty bad this last week so I get where you are coming from. When you say your pee was orange, do you mean it was dark? That is most likely to be from dehydration - make sure you are getting plenty of fluids, especially water. If you get a lot of UTIs it is most likely the pain you are feeling is due to that. Remember that when we are anxious we tend to focus solely on the sensations that are worrying us and it can make them feel worse than they actually are.

Keep sipping water and take some slow, deep breaths. I know how awful it is when that panic sets in, trust me, I really do - but slow deep breathing will help, as well as looking back to all the times you have worried over health issues before and they have turned out to be ok :)

Big hugs to you xx

pixietrixie
27-03-15, 20:30
Thanks Snowflake, it really helps having someone know the agony of health anxiety. It stops me doing so much with my life and then in turn I get stressed xx

Emilym80
28-03-15, 01:52
My parents have both had appendicitis and they said the pain is excruciating and it's at the front of your abdomen. There's usually vomiting etc too. Like Snowflake said, try and focus on your breathing and have plenty to drink. You just sound a bit dehydrated but I think you'll be ok.

Best wishes :)

Fishmanpa
28-03-15, 02:13
The key words being "fear" and "again". It wasn't then and it isn't now. I assure you , you wouldn't be posting on an anxiety forum waiting for answers if it were appendicitis.

Positive thoughts

pixietrixie
28-03-15, 17:28
Hi I know I just worry, the thing is I have pain almost at the top of my pelvic bone that hurts when I press it and hurts when I strain to go to the bathroom. I'm really scared now :(. The thing is the pains not there all the time but would it be if it were appendicitis? .....

Lee2475
28-03-15, 19:37
I think you would know if you had that, I had grumbling appendix once and it put me in hospital many years ago. But it past and they left it. I couldn't even stand up straight.

JMA
28-03-15, 20:42
Pain from an appendicitis just ramps up....and it really bloody hurts according to people I know who've had them.

If there is indeed something wrong, it sounds more like a mild hernia.