PDA

View Full Version : New member - Sophie

Lionheartedxo
27-03-15, 22:47
Hi all, my name is Sophie! I am a computer games programming student, I have been diagnosed with health anxiety/O.C.D (quite crippling!), severe IBS and depression.
I do also have trouble with social situations in person, I do not have any friends so I've come to this site hoping to find people who I can talk to, give support to and maybe receive some support myself, as my family just find my health anxiety 'humorous' whereas I find it quite upsetting, thinking I am actually dying of things like meningitis, blood clots, brain tumours, cancer, the list goes on. :blush:

Any questions, ask away! :hugs:

venusbluejeans
27-03-15, 22:52
Hiya Lionheartedxo and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

LisaRosie
29-03-15, 20:12
Hi Sophie,
I can totally relate to your family thinking your health anxieties are funny. My family and friends are exactly the same. It is a big joke - 'what are you dying of this time?' Over the years I've learnt to laugh along in front of people, but it's not a laughing matter. I know how 'real' it feels when I think I have a terrible illness!! Until I have a doctors reassurance, or test/scan results, I feel like I've already been diagnosed! Hope you're ok

California Girl
29-03-15, 21:51
Hi Sophie :) you will find all the support you need here xxx

Lionheartedxo
29-03-15, 22:57
Thank you, and yes @Lisarose I've started to accept my family don't quite understand how scary it is when you think you are dying of an illness, glad I have found a forum with others who understand though! :D

jessicalittler79
30-03-15, 00:14
Welcome

Dan Wales
30-03-15, 00:29
Hi Sophie wellcome to the forum. :)